How to tell if your tattoo is infected.
A tattoo is one of the most delicate art form. This is because they are made from multiple piercing of the skin, which leaves behind a wound that needs to heal well. In the healing process, your tattoo might get infected. Therefore, it’s good to be aware of all the symptoms involved with this kind of art;
- Extreme redness and itchiness- all tattoos are red and itchy when first drawn. But this can change and the tattoo develops extreme redness and a bubbly appearance. When you notice this, then you should definitely know that your tattoo is infected.
- Fever-the normal body temperature is always maintained when the body is under normal conditions. If you get a tattoo and after a while develop a fever, you definitely have an infected tattoo as the body’s rise in temperature is a sign of pathogenic interference.
- If you get a tattoo and after a while you start getting a suspicious odor, then definitely know that your tattoo is infected.
- Another way of knowing that you have an infected one is when you notice a discharge from the tattoo.
- Lastly, your tattoo is infected if you see red streaks and sores on it.